TOUCH Development KitBringing mid-air touch to human machine interface
A Remarkable Connection
Ultrahaptics’ core technology manipulates modulated ultrasound, from an array of ultrasonic transducers, to give you complete control of virtual buttons, sliders and dials. Proprietary algorithms control the projection and nature of the desired sensations, when and where you need them.
The TOUCH Development Kit allows you to create tactile sensations in free space so that your products and devices communicate with the user through haptic feedback.
Experiment with a range of sensations included in the Sensation Editor library, configure them to your requirements or develop your own using the software suite provided.
Register now to order kits, shipping through our distributors now.
Create unique sensationsModify standard sensations or create entirely new ones with the easy-to-use Sensation Editor
Plug and playQuick and easy to set up and create tactile, mid-air sensations within a few minutes of unboxing.
Use any gesture recognition cameraUse the included pre-calibrated camera or work with any gesture recognition software that gives x, y, z co-ordinates.
Including a transducer array board, gesture tracking sensor, software suite and fully embedded system architecture (microprocessor and FPGA), the UHDK5 TOUCH Development Kit has everything you need to easily implement Ultrahaptics into your product development cycle, from prototyping through to mass production.
- An array of ultrasonic 14x14 transducers and control board
- Standard Sensation Editor to assist with the design and development of sensations
- A software development kit API that allows programming and development of sensation
- A suite of demonstrators with examples of sensations
- Compatible with industry standard C++ development environments
- Focal points: Accuracy - 8.6mm diameter
- Range: Optimal distance of 100-500mm from the surface of the transducer board
- Dimensions: 29mm x 186mm x 221mm (height/ width/depth)
- Field of view: 60° cone centred around the top surface of the transducer board
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (8, 8.1, 10) or Apple Mac (OSX 10.9, 10.10, 10.11)
- Minimum System Requirements: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom II, 2GB RAM, USB (2.0) port
- Recommended System Requirements: Intel Core i5 or AMD FX, 4GB RAM, USB (2.0) port, dedicated graphics processor
Summary & Configuration
Sensation Editor – Professional/Enterprise (Available Q2 2017)
A set of ready-to-use sensations are available from a library, or their properties adjusted to create specific feelings. Additional features can be accessed by subscribing to Professional or Enterprise versions.
24x8 rectangular transducer array
The TOUCH Development Kit can be reconfigured to address alternative form factor requirements. The rectangular transducer array can replace the standard 14x14 Board, and only requires a simple software update through an API command.
Cover material kit
Ultrahaptics can recommend a selection of cover materials with a range of acoustic, physical and visual characteristics. Customers can evaluate materials in conjunction with the transducer array.