Ultrahaptics (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Ultrahaptics Limited, with its registered office at The West Wing, Glass Wharf, Bristol, England, BS2 0EL.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy or the treatment of your personal data (including requesting any correction, amendment or update to, or deletion of, your information) are welcomed and should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at Ultrahaptics Limited, The West Wing, Glass Wharf, Bristol, England, BS2 0EL or at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on (our/the “site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, sign up for our Evaluation Kit, order our U5 TOUCH development kit, register to use our Sensation Editor tool, sign up for our academic program, or register your interest in, sign up for or pre-order any of our other software or hardware, register to use our site, search our site, place an order for software or hardware, whether through us, or through a third party vendor, apply for a job (including by sending in your CV), and when you report a problem with our site (including by raising a support ticket). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, debit or credit card information, educational institute (in the case of signing up for our academic program), personal description and qualifications (in the case of applying for a job).
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site, including when you access and use the Developer Area, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or another electronic device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and the type of electronic device used;
- information about your visit, including details of the pages you visit, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources: This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers).
Please note that we use a service provided by a third party, Nalpeiron Inc. (“Nalpeiron”) in relation to use of Sensation Editor:
- to verify on startup of Sensation Editor that your use of Sensation Editor is authorised. At that stage, Nalpeiron will assign a unique identifier (“UID”) to the electronic device on which you are using Sensation Editor, and will collect and store the UID and details of the verification/check, which will be recorded and associated with the UID;
- if relevant, to verify that your use of paid-for features within Sensation Editor is authorised. At that stage, Nalpeiron will collect and store details of the verification/check, which will be recorded and associated with the UID;
- to collect information about the technical specifications of the computer or other electronic device being used to run Sensation Editor, including (but not limited to) details of the operating system or type of device, screen resolution, the graphics card and speed of the processor; and
- to collect usage data, which will be associated with the UID, including (but not limited to) which buttons or features are used most frequently and in which order. We will not collect information that would allow us to reconstruct a user’s output. Although we would collect information recording that, for example, after selecting item “J”, a user adjusted controls “C1” and “C2” away from their default values, we would not collect the fact that, for example, “C1” was set to “yellow” and “C2” was set to “33”.
As part of the service provided by Nalpeiron, your IP address will be collected and processed, but only for the purposes of collating your country of origin.
The following types of cookies may be used by Ultrahaptics:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, or to put items of software in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Purpose: Used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from.
More information: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-Whatdoes-the-Cloudflare-cfduidcookie-do This cookie does not store any personally identifiable information. It is strictly necessary for site security operations and cannot be turned off.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Purpose:Analytics.js cookies _ga and _gid are used to distinguish users and measure how users interact with website content. Analytics.js cookie _gat is used to throttle request rate.
Purpose:Used to verify who the user is.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable our third-party vendors to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and them and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from them. This includes the sharing of your information with our third party vendors to facilitate any purchase by you of hardware;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or another electronic device.
We will also use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are happy for us to use your data in this way (i.e. for our marketing purposes), please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (such as the form for signing up for the Evaluation Kit, pre-ordering the TOUCH development kit or subscribing for
Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for your computer or another electronic device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if and when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive) and the following purposes:
- to allow us to understand the demographics of our users and their equipment;
- to improve our software (including Sensation Editor) and services;
- to verify that your use of our software (including Sensation Editor), and/or your use of paid-for features within our software (including Sensation Editor), is authorised.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share information we hold about you with:
- Any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006, and includes Ultrahaptics North America Inc.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and third party vendors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, or that you may enter into with them. This includes disclosure to our distributors so that orders for hardware can be fulfilled; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and our software (including, in relation to Sensation Editor, Nalpeiron, its partners, subsidiaries and affiliates).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets if relevant to the sale or purchase;
- if a third party acquires Ultrahaptics or substantially all of its assets, in which case personal data held by Ultrahaptics about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if required by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, or in order to enforce or apply our licence terms.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information that we collect from or about you may be transferred to, stored and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including in the event of transfers to Ultrahaptics North America Inc. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. In particular, if you place an order for hardware in the USA or Japan, or to be distributed in the USA or Japan, the information we hold about you will be transferred to, stored and processed at a destination in the USA or Japan, in connection with the fulfilment of your order. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. In relation to the service provided by Nalpeiron, the information collected (see above) will be transmitted to servers used by Nalpeiron for storage and further processing by us, Nalpeiron or Nalpeiron’s partners, subsidiaries or affiliates. This may involve transfers to, and storage and processing at, a destination outside the EEA, including (but not limited to) the USA. By using Sensation Editor, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers, either of Ultrahaptics or its agents. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, such as the Developers Area, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at FAO Data Protection Officer Ultrahaptics Limited, The West Wing, Glass Wharf, Bristol, England, BS2 0EL or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by sending us a request in writing. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
OTHER SITES AND THIRD PARTIES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and third party vendors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In relation to the service provided by Nalpeiron (see above), a copy of Nalpeiron’s privacy notice is located at www.nalpeiron.com/privacy.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Any changes we make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
This Policy was last updated on 9th May 2017.